"Out Out" by Robert Frost

Today we read a poem called "Out Out" by Robert Frost. It was about a boy who bled to death after accidentally cutting off his hand with a saw. We analyzed, found the literary devices, made comments and a personal connection to the poem on a orange paper and turned it in to the teacher at the end of the class. My personal connection to the poem was that I injured my finger a while ago trying to open a half open can with my bare hands, knowing that I was unable to do something like that proficiently. I should have used the situation where I spilled hot tea on my self and received burn scars trying to get it from the microwave as a baby despite being told not to, but the other situation I described should fit as well. One of the themes I got from the poem was that "Life goes on for others when someone dies" Because when the boy died, it said "Were not the one dead, turned to their affairs."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentations of Countries in Asia

Microwave Broke

Journey to School