Today we did a 10 question test on Fences. It also had an 11th question we had to answer with a 3 paragraph constructed response. In my essay, I talked about how the title fits the play so well and had different literal meanings. In the play, the family was building a fences to protect their house, but each of the characters also had fences in their life they were building for their own reasons. For example, Rose was building a fence around her heart when she broke up with Troy so that he would not damage it anymore.
1. Faith Emmanuel 2. I'm not sure what I want to do for a career yet 3. Sleeping, eating, watching shows 4. I can't pick a favorite artist because I have a lot of them 5. I don't have anything interesting about myself 6. Zaxby's chicken sandwich and fries with buffalo sauce and ranch 7. Italy and France because I want to taste the pastas, bread, and chocolate
Today in class we watched a film called "The Last 3 Minutes" for our bellringer. It was about a guy who was dying and seeing moments of his life flash before his eyes. After watching the video, we were asked to answer the question: "What is the purpose of life?" In my response I said the purpose of life was to enjoy it. We also started a new poem called "I, Too" by Langston Hughes. It was about him using situations and metaphors to describe the discrimination he faces in life, and when he ended the poem with "I too, am America." he meant that he hoped to be seen as an American and/or person of equal worth as everyone else in the way the people who live there are.
Comments
Post a Comment